There are lots of benefits to blogging that we have to look forward to. Not alone will it be a great way of creating links between our school and home but through using and interacting with the blog, the children will be practising internet safety, reading, writing, ICT skills and more. Please read the tab 'What is Blogging?' under the 'News Blog' heading to find out about blogging.
We will be emphasising to the children the need for safe use and respect for each other when adding comments and ask that the school community support us in this. Please read the guidelines below for commenting on our blog:
Guidelines for Adding a comment:
- Use first names only and don't give out email address. (This follows our online safety rule of keeping personal information private) e.g: Áine R1
- We are polite, kind and appropriate in our comments. Be positive, interested and encouraging! Don't go off topic and check your comment makes sense. Why not answer the question posed or respond to someone else.
- Parents who leave comments are asked not to use last names either e.g 'Sarah's Mam' or 'Anne's Uncle' etc.
- Proof read your comments carefully. Students should have a family member check for spelling mistakes and grammar before commenting.
- Always write in full sentences and words -no 'text talk' please.
***Remember all comments will be monitored by teachers before they are posted online.***
We look forward to our new venture and the online learning opportunities that this new website will bring to our school.