Please see below for useful advice and resources for parents to help to support children during this time of school closure.
The following are some useful resources for children. The girls can also access our usual curriculum-linked online games and resources here in our Learning Zone tab
Junior Values Assembly May 2020
Let's Get Singing...
Let's Get Creative....
Do you think you could design and build a stadium like Croke Park? Give it a go and see..
Let's Get Moving….
‘Active SCHOOL Week’ takes place every April and is a really enjoyable part of the school year for many children.
This year, because of COVID-19, it is not possible for this to go ahead so we are asking you to invite the families of your school to participate in the ‘Active HOME Week‘ challenge instead. Please click here for more information.
USEFUL WEBSITES/RESOURCES FOR PARENTS AND CHILDREN DURING SCHOOL CLOSURES
* RTE Home School Hub are airing great curriculum-related lessons everyday Mon-Fri from 11am. These lessons can be found on RTE Player also. https://www.rte.ie/learn/
*Cúla4 ar Scoil are broadcasting daily lessons covering various elements of the primary school curriculum. The lessons are carried out through Irish. You can tune into the lessons on TG4 at 10am, from Monday to Friday. You can also catch up on the lessons by clicking on the following link https://www.cula4.com/en/shows/cula4-ar-scoil/
* Twinkl is a great website that is offering free printable curriculum-related resources for children during this time of school closures. Their website link is https://www.twinkl.ie/home-learning-hub
* Most of the main educational school book publishers are offering free open access to all of their online resources and ebooks. See below for individual links.
Gill - https://www.gillexplore.ie/products
Folens - https://www.folens.ie/news-and-events/parents-teachers-get-access-to-all-our-digital-teaching-materials
CJ Fallon - https://www.cjfallon.ie/
The Educational Company of Ireland (EdCo) - https://www.edco.ie/
* Scoilnet is a great free resource containing thousands of free curriculum-related lessons and presentations https://www.scoilnet.ie/
*Worldbookonline is another great resource containing a full suite of online research tools including encyclopedia articles, student activities, educational games, ebooks and videos. Great for reading, research and projects! https://www.worldbookonline.com
* Libraries Ireland are offering a special online service during this time. You can join the library online and get free ebooks, audiobooks, online magazines and newspapers. https://www.librariesireland.ie/news/online-services-during-coronavirus
Webwise offer free information, advice and resources to help parents, teachers and students address internet safety issues. You can access the website by clicking on the following link: www.webwise.ie