As a parent, it can be a difficult decision when it comes to choosing a suitable school for your daughter. There are many reasons why you should choose to send your daughter to St. Brigid's G.N.S:
- The quality of teaching and learning: Staff are committed to creating a stimulating learning environment that supports and encourages the achievements and efforts of all pupils.
- We are a Catholic school and committed to the Catholic ethos. As a diverse and inclusive school, we equally welcome pupils of all faiths and none, who add to the rich tapestry of our school
- We currently have 20 nationalities in our school which means we are always learning about other cultures
- We are the first Values School in Ireland. Every month we focus on one value - Love, Peace, Truth, Non-Violence and Right-Action and each week we focus on a sub-value e.g. kindness. In this way values underpin all our actions and interactions as a school community.
- You may not see it from the road but we have an external environment that is second-to-none in St. Brigid's. As well as lots of green areas we have an amazing school garden with a huge array of flowers, plants, fruit and vegetables. Our Summer and Autumn harvests are very popular events in our school calendar. We also have an outdoor classroom space which means we can learn outside.
- All pupils have access to specialist teachers during the year including Irish dancing, hip-hop and basketball teachers.
- We have a very full and active Digital Learning Plan and boast an excellent ICT infrastructure. Junior classes have access to 32 iPads and senior classes have access to 32 chrome books. We utilise SeeSaw at the junior end of the school and Google Classroom at the senior end and provide full training advice on all platforms for parents too.
- We have a very innovative and experienced Special Education Team (SET) and amazing Special Needs Assistants (SNAs)who work diligently to support the needs of those pupils who need extra support
- A very active and energetic Parent's Association support the school in may ways particularly by organising events like the First Communion Reception, Book Fairs and a visit from someone special at Christmas time.