- We're participating in an action research project on 'Improving participation in lessons, increasing energy levels and creating a better atmosphere in our classroom through physical activity breaks and meditation. We're really enjoying these activities.
- We had yummy pancakes for breakfast on Pancake Tuesday.
- In maths we have been learning about lines and angles and in science we have been studying different types of energy and how to save energy. This is in preparation for the 'Low Energy Day' the Green Schools Committee are having on Monday. Check out the 'Energy Codes' we created for our own houses in the slideshow. We're also making a big effort in the classroom. Our experiment for the science exhibition is on 'Wind Energy'. (See pictures).
- Lots of girls in our class are also busy with their lunchtime choir practices and are really enjoying them. They have been asked to sing at the 6th class Confirmation on March 9th and this is a great honour.
- We will be finishing up our gymnastics lessons soon which we have really enjoyed. After Easter we will be starting swimming lessons in Finglas Leisure Centre and we are really looking forward to these.
- In other news we're busy preparing for the 1916 commemorations and Proclamation Day which will take place before Easter. We wrote our own proclamations for the future and had some fantastic ideas to add into our School Proclamation that is on Scoilnet.
We've been busy in 4th class for the last while. The slideshow shows some pictures of what we've been up to.
Go to the P A News Blog to read more
Just before the mid-term break, the girls from Room 16 visited the Waterways Visitor Centre to hear the author E.R. Murray discuss her book The Book of Learning. The girls heard about the characters and plot of this book. They also got to hear about how the author uses ideas for her books, and about her life as an author. The girls came away with ideas of their own to write books!
Hannah has completed a wonderful project on her great granduncle Dennis O'Callaghan who was involved in the Easter Rising. Well done Hannah! It has been uploaded to Scoilnet and can be found at https://www.scoilnet.ie/1916-ancestry-project/ancestry/ancestryid/2/.
3rd and 4th class have spent some time discussing and writing their own versions of the Proclamation and including what they think is important for Ireland in the next 100 years. They worked really hard and put a lot of thought into their efforts. These ideas have been combined to create one proclamation from St. Brigid's which has been uploaded to 'Scoilnet' as part of their 1916 programme.
The themes covered include love for all people, education, homelessness, equality, care for the environment and peace. Click on the picture have a look at our proclamation for a new generation.
Dear Parents & Guardians,
As part of our School Self Evaluation Process, we are reviewing the way that we teach the SPHE Curriculum -Social, Personal and Health Education.
We would be very grateful if you would take the time to complete this survey in order to inform our planning and teaching of SPHE in the future. Click on the link below to complete.
Room 14 have been mighty busy over the past while!
We have had guest visitors..
We had a great time taking part in the Jingle Bell Run before Christmas...
We explored Electricity in Science class designing and making our own toys with a Christmas theme....
Ps. Did you know that you can generate electricity from a potato???
We designed our own Christmas jumpers for a fantastic, festive Jumper Show...
We visited Santa!
After Christmas, we were very busy 'welcoming Spring' by celebrating St. Brigid's day in style. Everyone went home on the day with their own handmade cross, very kindly blessed by Fr. Richard. We also researched the life of St. Brigid.
Sr. Teresa even visited us to tell us some lovely legends of our special saint!
Last week, lots of girls from the two 5th classes took part in the local heat of the Credit Union Table Quiz in Sacred Heart School. Everyone had lots of fun taking part and one team from Room 14 battled their way through the 12 rounds to be placed 3rd in their competition.
Well done to everyone involved!
And today, we munched our way through Pancake Tuesday!
That's all for now but watch out for more updates from Room 14!
(Don't forget to check out our lovely art work in the Gallery section of the website!)
About Our Blog
We hope to use this blog to keep you updated on the events and learning in our school. You are welcome to leave a comment but make sure to read the Blogging Guidelines first above.
Our Other Blogs